Monday, April 12, 2010

Update

Haven't been posting much, but have definitely been playing.  Some highlights of what I've done since the last post:
I started driving the trailer!
Trailered Cal to the PA grand canyon and gone on a 19 mile trail ride (mostly trotting).
Trailered Cal to Jessie's house and had a really nice, confident horse to play with when I got there.
Got some online flying changes (did I post about that already?).
Got freestyle flying changes one direction (when going from his worse direction to the better one).
Played with more porcupine games, trying to get that lead by the ear, chin, and mane.
Also rode a bit more, doing some impulsion programs.  We've done a lot of follow the rail, and I think when I put Cal on it, and he recognizes the pattern, its wonderful for getting him less impulsive.

Then this weekend Mollie was here for a clinic.  We went outside to play and had a good time challenging ourselves and realizing I need to play in larger areas working on Cal's impulsion.  (Was going pretty well inside the arena.)  Did some trailer loading with Lyssi and realized I wasn't asking her for enough, and, once again, I really need to wait when she goes introverted.

This week, Lyssi, Cal, and I are off to 100 acre woods ranch for a week with Mollie!  Yeah!  Goals:
- Tape my level 3
- Get a breakthrough on getting myself riding Lyssi
- Where to go from here with Cal...how to start moving more into level 4
- Flying changes with Cal?
- Building Cal's impulsion and willingness
- Improve Lyssi's confidence and willingness to handle obstacles

0 comments:

Post a Comment