Monday, July 26, 2010

Trailer Loading

Played online today with the goal of teaching and improving things.  Mainly sideways towards and changes of direction.  Sideways towards made some nice new changes.  Nice changes of direction, though, continue to elude me.  Cal had a lot of go today, and I ended up just seeing how canter laps went.  Being that cantering is one of those things that's caused me hard times for years, I was pretty happy to let that happen.  Actually, my issues with cantering are usually him breaking gait to the trot...today it was all about finding rhythm and relaxtion.  He was flying around at the end of the 45' line, so I just waited until he slowed down a bit and put slack back in the line.

Anyway, the thing I was really happy about today was trailer loading.  At the beginning I had played with sending him in at the trot, and sending him while at the front of the trailer.  After all the cantering, I thought to see if he could canter in....yup, cantered into the trailer from the end of the 45' line!  Then I took off the line and did some liberty loading, which was not as flashy, but just as stupendous!  Cal was totally loving the trailer today.  Forget food as motivation...my horses have learned that the trailer is the best place to be when its buggy out.  He was so happy in there, I had to be firm to get him out and stay out!  Haha.  I'm totally cool with that!  If there's one thing I don't mind, it's having my horse so happy in there that he'd rather be in than out.  =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment