Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fun Again!

Hehehe.  Not very creative titles, but really, they summarize the sessions I've been having quite well.  Cal was a little less enthusiastic to play today, so I took my time and did some approach and retreat, not haltering him immediately when he came up.  Then took things slow in the arena.  Began my playing with lead by the ear, did some playing with sideways further away.

After he seemed less introverted, I did some circles, starting with the walk so as to let him get used to moving his feet.  Then did some walk-trot transitions on the circle.  Finally was getting some phase 1 transitions today.  Much better.  =)  Cantering wasn't as great; I'm trying to go for three laps, as two is getting to be the consistant easy number he can do.

I was going to ride bareback to improve my seat, but he was wet, so I saddled up.  Speaking of which, I don't think I mentioned, but he's been trying to walk off when I saddle, so I've been focusing on having him be able to stand still.  Today went well at that.  Riding was more of the same as the last two days.  Follow the rail, at the walk and trot.  Today I mixed in a lot of changes of direction, by both direct rein and indirect...doing both with just my seat and legs if possible.  And of course, more play with just yielding hindquarters, forequarters, and sideways.  All getting better.

At the end played a little more with lead by the ear.  Was getting him to turn his head towards me, and occasionally make a step.  Better with the left ear than the right.  =P  Also played some more with sideways towards, which was improving.  I need to even it up; he's better coming towards when I'm on the left side.

I really want to pass Level 3 this year.  o_O

0 comments:

Post a Comment