Saturday, May 15, 2010

Auditions and Liberty

Well, finally got my freestyle audition taped.  Last weekend.  So now I've got online and freestyle sent in for L3.  I've got my fingers crossed, and am excited to hear my results.  4-6 weeks, such a long wait!  O_O
Anyway, that leaves liberty.  So I've been playing at liberty, and watching tapes on liberty.  Lot's of improvements lately.  Had a really great session today.  Stick to me has gotten tons better recently.  Walk, trot, and canter, transitions, and for the most part he was stuck!  Still have a harder time when I'm on the right, but it's getting better.  Also getting closer to the figure-8.  Big deal there is making sure my hindquarter disengagement is really nice.  Actually, that's a key point for all the stuff at liberty.  Got a really awesome change of direction going from left to right.  Didn't try for the other way.  Been trying to keep circling to a minimum, because too much and he tend to disconnect.  So, I'm really hoping to tape liberty in a week or so!  I know we're not supposed to be goal oriented, but I really want to be officially level 3!  So here's to getting there without overwhelming Cal with the pressure.  It's all about the relationship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment